Getting Started with AMP to increase your SEO Rankings
July 15, 2017
How to Get Started with AMPs
Although they are still in their initial stages, AMPs are important for your business because Google uses them for ranking purposes. Moreover, you should embrace AMPs for the following reasons; if you have a lot of content on your site, if rely on Google to generate traffic, or if you have a strong desire to get your content distributed. You should also embrace it if most of you page visitors do so via mobile phones, and if you always have a problem loading your pages.
Running a WordPress website is the easiest way to use AMP because all it requires is the installation of a few plugins and you are ready to start. Otherwise, you have to consider creating your AMP manually. You can do that using a Google tutorial, but you also need basic coding skills to do it.
Required Plugins to Run AMP on WordPress
• Glue for SEO and AMP- this plugin allows you to change your pages original AMP design to match your preferred brand and user interface.
• AMP – this installs the code required for enabling AMP on your site.
• Install and activate the AMP plugin. To make sure that it is working, go to your blog post and key in /amp at the end of the URL.
• Install and activate the SEO Plugin
• Click SEO tab in the WordPress menu, AMP Setting, and the Design tab to change the color to match your brand’s color. You can also insert your company logo. It will appear at the top of your AMP page, but you have to make sure that it is 32 x 32 pixels.
• After setting the page to match your needs, go back to the AMP setting and the Analytics tab. Here you are going to set a custom tracking code that will allow you to track your AMPs using Google Analytics.
• Once all is set, you will start seeing you AMP track on the Webmaster Tools account. Navigate through Search Appearance and Accelerated Mobile Pages to see if Google suggests is warning you about any errors